On April, 28 the ITMO University will host TechnoChallenge Smart Welding intended for experts, graduate and doctorate students. The contest is about is finding solutions and concepts for developing a hardware and software solution to position parts for assembling a welded locomotive frame, for part marking and mounting accuracy control.
The event format: a draft project presentation covering the concept and implementation proposal.
The requirements specification is available at: https://goo.gl/CMhiYQ
To register, navigate to: https://ifmo.timepad.ru/event/704369/
The application deadline is April 26 inclusive. The number of contesters is limited.
- 10:00-10:30 Registration
- 10:30-11:00 Opening address by the organizers; detailed problem statement
- 11:00-14:00 Team presentations (10 minutes each)
- 14:00-14:30 Selecting the best projects (6 teams)
- 14:30-15:00 Lunch
- 15:00-16:00 Interaction with experts, project review and refinement
- 16:00-17:00 Team presentations (5 minutes each)
- 17:00-17:30 Selecting and announcing the winners. Awarding ceremony.
The contesters will enjoy exiting projects and exchange of ideas. The teams will demonstrate their achievements and ways to turn concepts into prototypes: from functional diagrams to turnkey solutions. The expert panel will provide a feedback to the contesters.
The winning teams will receive cash prizes:
- 1st place: RUB 200,000
- 2nd place: RUB 100,000
- 3rd place: RUB 50,000
The winners will have the opportunity to sign a cooperation agreement with 2050 Company to implement their concepts.
TechnoChallenge will be hosted by ITMO University in St. Petersburg at 9, Lomonosova St., Room 1122